Friday, October 17, 2014

Final Results!

This time I did the two repeats at once. It's more work in the short term but I'll be done faster this way. It's not that much work with the cells but the cell lysing and sonication take a lot longer. I staggered that a couple of days apart so it wasn't that bad.

Both repeats showed the results I'm looking for though. It's not great but I think it should be good enough to go with. Again, the new siRNA didn't show the effect as well as the old one did but I think we proved that the result wasn't just a fluke with the old siRNA, which was my whole purpose.

We're ready to move toward publication now. Most of the paper is already written but we'll have to add a little section about my results and a figure displaying my results. It shouldn't take too long for the paper to be submitted for review. Once it goes out, it'll be reviewed by a few people in the scientific community. They'll make a few revisions and suggest some experiments that we need to do for the paper to be approved and published. Hopefully it won't be too much of a hassle and it'll go to publication quickly. We should get the reviewers comments sometime in December or early January. We hope that it'll get published in the spring some time.

I'll do a summary of my STEP experience in undergraduate research in the next few days. That'll most likely be my last post so it'll be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment