Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Result!

Finally I got something useable. Both siRNAs finally showed the result we were expecting. The new one I am testing didn't work as well as the old one but it doesn't really need to. We just need to show that the new one works okay and that the result we got with the old one wasn't some kind of fluke.

So this is really good news. Hopefully I'm almost finished with this project. I don't like how long it takes me to get one piece of data. But hopefully I only have to do two more repeats and then I'll be done. We have to do repeats to ensure that we get data that is statistically significant. There's a complex statistical test that we use that I won't go into but basically the more repeats we get, the more likely that the results will be significant and accepted by the scientific community.

No comments:

Post a Comment