Wednesday, August 20, 2014

More ChAP Results

Once again, I didn't get the results I wanted. The ChAP worked again but I did see the effect I should have. I don't really understand why because the ChAP is working fine and I've checked the depletion with a western blot so I'm not sure what's going on. It could be that I'm not getting enough depletion. It's possible that there's still enough protein in the cells in order to accomplish the cell's function normally. This is probably the most likely scenario so I think I'll try to fix that first. I can essentially do two rounds of depletion. It's the same technique and procedure, I'm just doing it twice. So it'll take a couple days longer, which makes a long experiment even longer but that's what I'll have to do. Hopefully this will get rid of almost all of the protein in a cell and I'll see the results I'm supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment